Every student's needs are different, so session plans are structured following a short free one-to-one telephone consultation either with the student or their parent/guardian. This helps me to understand the current situation and establish the key objectives for both the student (and usually the parent!) You will then receive a proposal outlining a suggested package of coaching sessions which may cover the following aspects:
- Early Career Exploration & Planning
- Choosing the right Degree and University
- Choosing between a University Degree or Apprenticeship
- Selecting 'A' level options
- CV review/Linked In development
- Job or University application strategy
- Writing a UCAS Personal Statement
- Interview skills coaching (for school, University, Scholarship and job interviews)
- Mock interviews and feedback
- Assessment Centre exercise coaching - covers Digital assessments and face-to-face
- Approaching Assessment Centres with confidence
Sessions typically last for 60-90 minutes and most clients require between 2-3 sessions to achieve their objectives. These can be conducted in person at my office or via video call. Clients are usually required to complete 'homework' following face-to-face meetings.
I work with students from Year 11 onwards, including Sixth Formers, School leavers, current University students and recent graduates, as well as parents who are keen to help their children make informed choices to optimise their prospects in Further Education and future careers.
If you are feeling you are beyond your 'student' years please see more about how I can help YOU by clicking this link: CareerSpringboard. I work with career changers, returners to work and more!